A business running digitally often comes across assorted negative content that intent to damage the brand reputation. When you are marketing online, these things are quite common. You just can’t stop them, neither ignore them for better outcomes. However, you are helpless either.
To cover the negative content, brands are now using different reputation management techniques that bring limelight to the business. One such smart technique is reverse SEO. It’s something every business should be aware of and implement the same to fight back the negative brand image.
In this article, we will emphasize a few topics that you must learn instead of banging your head for the negative outcomes. The topics we are going to discuss include –
- What is reverse SEO?
- What are the different reverse SEO techniques?
- How to do reverse SEO?
- What are the benefits of using reverse SEO?
- What is a reverse image search? How does it work?
- How reverse image search SEO help in getting more backlinks?
- What are the different tools for reverse image search?
- Final Thoughts
Let us get started with what is reverse SEO.
What Is Reverse SEO?
Reverse SEO is the practice of pushing down negative web page search results rankings from search engines like – Google | Bing | Yandex | Baidu, etc.
In other words, reverse search engine optimization (SEO) is nothing but an online reputation management technique that suppresses negative content against you by bringing other positive results to the brand by improving its search engine rankings.
The strategy/technique to do so is designed in such a way that it push down all the negative SERP (Search Engine Result Pages) features like negative reviews, videos carousel, image packs, featured snippet, people also ask, FAQ, top stories, press releases, articles, local pack, knowledge panel, site links, etc, and optimizes the other web pages to rank higher on the search engine result pages representing you or your brand/business.
Last but not least, using this strategy, you can get control over all the content posted on the internet in the form of articles, blogs, PRs, infographics, news, stories, profiles, web 2.0, and so on.
What are the Different Reverse SEO Techniques that can be used to Suppress Negative Search Results?
Now since you are well aware of what reverse search engine optimization (SEO) means, you must be excited to learn the different techniques and tips that can be used to suppress negative search results.
Keep patience. We are going to share a few reverse SEO tips and techniques that contribute a lot to reverse search engine reputation management. Just have a look.
Reverse SEO By Creating Positive Content
One of the best ways to push down the negative search results is by creating positive content. This is one great way to build organic traffic and boost your publicity over the web.
You can choose any form of content like articles, blogs, press releases, web 2.0, and other SEO reputation management ticks to remove the bad reviews online. Among them, press releases and blogging are the two significant pillars. We believe this is the best way of promoting yourself when you are struggling with a bad reputation online on search engine results.
Create content (as mentioned above) using primary and LSI keywords but make sure you don’t stuff your content using the keywords. Google always penalizes content that is stuffed with high performing keywords. This happens when you put keywords too frequently in the content that is over 2.5%.
Focus more on writing press releases. This is because the websites accepting such content often belong to high domain authority and so are highly favored by Google and other search engines. Some popular media outlets where you can create press releases and other public relations strategies are as follows –
- PR Newswire
- Digital Journal
- Yahoo Finance
- Boston Globe
No matter which site you choose to publish your press releases, never forget to add keywords to your content. Google crawls the entire content and based on the keywords it decides your site rank on the result page. Another thing that Google likes the most is your activeness. The more you post on the site, the better you get publicity on Google. Hence, creating more and more content is very much needed.
Reverse SEO By Creating Business Listings
Another most effective way of managing your brand reputation on a search engine is by creating business listings. This particular step is not just needed to improve your search engine rankings but also useful when you are thinking about your brand visibility online. The more relevant your content, the better visibility you obtain and so your search engine ranking.
Make use of the most powerful platform Google My Business Listing to list your business name with proper and authentic information. Ensure the information you add is identical everywhere. Otherwise, Google finds it difficult to understand your business and contact details. Thus, giving rise to a bad reputation online.
A handful of high domain authority sites that are effective enough to create business listings online are MyLife, Yelp, Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Trip Advisor, Expedia, and so on.
The moment you create your listing on these sites, you get a chance to make your site visible on the first page.
Neglecting business listing is bad for your technical SEO. As a result of which expecting a great positive result in search engines is definitely meaningless.
Besides the very popular choices mentioned above, there are a few sites that are also responsible for branding a market through business listing creation are as follows.
- Other ORM Websites: Effective ORM sites to make awful online image
You can definitely make your choice among them instead of looking for the traditional yet obvious choices.
Reverse SEO By Auditing Your Website
Technical SEO audit is equally important as other business essentials, especially when you are desperate about the online reputation of your brand. This is considered one of the most important reverse SEO tips that need to be followed for branding a business.
Have you ever invested in SEO auditing of your site?
If not yet, perform this step now. Well, without a technical SEO specialist or professional team, it is a bit difficult to get the desired result, you can hire an expert to outsource the job for you. However, if you planning to do it by yourself, you must know the following factors.
- Check out the page loading speed. When you are running a website, you must maintain a standard website speed so as to retain your visitors for a long time. Otherwise, you will end up losing all the prospective buyers who have shown interest in your brand.
- Find out the optimal keyword difficulty and search volume terms. The keyword difficulty rating helps in finding the best SEO keywords to beat the competitors. While the search volume refers to the average number of search queries made for a specific keyword on a particular search engine, for example, Google. Understanding the two terms helps in maintaining a balance in SEO and the online reputation of the brand online.
- Gain knowledge of assorted keyword research tools. Plenty of keyword research tools are available online like SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, and so on. Learn how to use the tools and where to use them to get the desired results.
- Learn how to get proficiency in internet marketing. You must have good knowledge in crafting a strong brand reputation marketing strategy that brings down the site ranking and enhance the site visibility.
Start with the long-tail keywords and then move on with the competitive keywords as your site progress.
Reverse SEO By Performing Social Media Activity
Social media is growing in trend over time. After Facebook, it’s time for Instagram to dominate the social media networking platform and drive the attention of the users. Although people are still enjoying using Facebook, Instagram is now having millions of users at its doorstep. To manage your search engine reputation, performing reverse SEO through social media is too much important.
How to start with social media reverse SEO? Let us pay attention to the reverse SEO tips for social media.
- Start with creating profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other popular social media platforms. This is absolutely free. Hence, don’t forget to share accurate information on social media.
- Connect with the right audience whom you actually want to target. Social media is the best platform to build connections and find the right targeted buyers who are actually interested in your brand. Use different tactics to increase the number of followers on your social media network every day.
- Share different forms of creative content. Be it is your Instagram or Facebook, share your content, and build a brand presence online. Share different creative content like images, videos, blogs, and many more.
- Try to stay active by posting fresh content on fresh social media profiles and make up a strong reputation online.
Make use of all popular social media platforms and you will end up boosting organic search engine optimization.
How To Do Reverse SEO?
The above-mentioned reverse SEO tips and techniques are enough to disclose the different ways on which you need to focus. However, if you are talking about how to reverse SEO, we would like to summarize this in a few steps.
- Identify the bad content that damages the reputation. You can identify this by keeping an eye on your published brand content and business keywords.
- Check out the competitive edge of the site that is responsible for a bad reputation. These include backlinks, on-site structure, social media authority, content, etc.
- Focus more on off-site SEO. Work on the keywords on third party websites and other web pages that are not directly connected to your site.
- Emphasize on-page SEO on your website and web pages that you own.
- Pay attention to interlinking pages.
- Find the backlinks that are giving rise to a bad reputation.
- Repeat the entire process until the desired result is achieved.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Reverse SEO?
Now, it’s quite unusual to believe anything about reverse SEO without any proof. But don’t worry, we have come up with certain perks that will blow your mind, compel you to think about it over and over again. Yes, we are talking about the benefits of reverse SEO.
The reverse SEO technique is used to remove negative reviews published on different news publishing sites.
The technique hides or eliminates negative reviews that appear on the first page of search indexing.
The technique suppresses negative content related to the brand that includes articles, press releases, blog posts, etc.
In short, reverse SEO cover up all the negative content from the web and highlights positivity, ensuring better branding for the business.
What Is A Reverse Image Search? How Does It Work?
Probably, you are quite aware of the standard image search on Google. What you need to do is put a search query and click the Images tab to view the image-based results related to the query. Good enough! But recently Google has updated with reverse image search. Now, what’s that?
In this process, you are going to upload an image as a query on the search bar instead of typing a keyword or phrase. Open Google and click the camera icon “Search by Image”. A new window appears that will ask you to share the link of the image or upload an image directly to get the desired result.
The best thing is Google will let you know all necessary information related to the image including image size, file type, all sizes of the image, pages where you will find the image, related images, and pages where you can find similar images. This is how a reverse image SEO functions.
Now we will talk about how this can be used to generate more backlinks.
How Reverse Image Search SEO Help In Getting More Backlinks?
In the above section, we have stated that backlinks have a lot of contribution in improving the search engine reputation of a brand. In fact, in reverse SEO technique backlink generation has a separate step. Despite knowing the importance of generating backlinks, people fail to cultivate quality backlinks for their websites. This is when you require a reverse image search function. It is quite effective for building quality backlinks.
Suppose you have created a set of images for your website and unfortunately, they are used by other people without crediting you. This happens! In fact, this is one biggest reasons why people are losing out on the chance of claiming backlinks. By performing reverse image search SEO, you can get a trace of all your images appearing on other sites and can easily claim your backlinks.
Here we have simplified the process for you!
- Open Google.
- Click the “Search By Image” icon available on the search bar itself.
- Upload the image or paste the image URL that you want to search.
- Browse the result page to find the pages and links where your image has already been used.
This is how you can claim and generate a greater number of backlinks through SEO reverse image search.
What Are The Different Tools For Reverse Image Search?
SEO reverse image search can be performed using different search tools. The best thing is you can access the reverse image SEO functionality using both your mobile device and your desktop. They are platform friendly and can generate an accurate result, irrespective of the search. Following are the tools that we are talking about.
- Google Image Search
- Bing Visual Search
- Yahoo Image Search
- Pinterest Visual Search
- Getty Images
- TinEye Reverse Image Search
Are you struggling with a bad reputation and bad image publicity?
Nothing can be more beneficial than incorporating reverse SEO techniques into your brand marketing strategy. You can consider this as one of the most significant online reputation management techniques for a brand.
Every successful brand is using this particular technique to get rid of the bad image and bad impression. Why don’t you leverage this in your business?